Terms and Conditions
CHECK-IN TIME is AFTER 4:00 PM Mountain time.
CHECK-OUT is 10 A.M.
NO Early Check-in or late checkout or Subject to additional charges.
NO SMOKING ANY WHERE on property.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests is limited to 12 persons at any time or anywhere on the property. All guests to be listed by renters.
MINIMUM STAY – This property requires a minimum 7 night stay in peak months, 3-5 night minimum in shoulder season months.
SECURITY DEPOSIT - A damage/security deposit of $500 is required in a separate checker credit arcade on file along with final payment. This must be received within 30 days of arrival. The security deposit is NOT applied toward rent and will not actually be processed unless there is a challenge at check out that does not meet these provisions:
- All owners possessions, belongings and furnishings are left in good order
- No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
- Soiled linens (towels) are placed in white laundry baskets
- No linens are lost or damaged or removed from property
- All games, toys, puzzles are returned to shelves
- Extra key is left on the kitchen table along with garage door opener, all doors are locked and front door is left locked. Please return key you were given under the owl. Lost keys will result in a $20 key replacement fee.
- Owner does not receive complaints from neighbors.
- Respectful behaviors are demonstrated for our property, the land and surrounding neighbors. Observance for property boundaries within the Mystic Mountain 15 acres (see map). Please note that the dock with the slide right below our home and the deck adjacent to it is private property and is not part of Mystic Mountain. Please respect this as off limit and notify all occupants.
- The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by My HOA Community.
PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent. Please make payments via credit card or personal checks payable to Kalli Sorensen. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due thirty (30) days before your arrival date.
CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation during prime peak months (June-August), 30 day cancellation in all other months. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations, that are made less then 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full reservation deposit. An acception is if renter finds a replacement renter for exact rental period who fulfills and signs conditions of contract. All renters must be approved by owners. Early departure for any reason does not warrant any refund of rent.
NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily cleaning service is not included in the vacation home. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the units, but we provide extra beach towels for your use. Please make sure to return them
DRIVING/PARKING- As there is ample parking in front of the drive way, Parking on the road is not permitted. A maximum of 4 cars allowed at a time on our premises. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. As Mystic Mountain is in an exclusive and privately owned area, many of the surrounding roads are also private. Please be aware and respectful of neighbors and their property limits both on foot and by car. Kindly observe the 15mph speed limit within the gravel roads.
FIREPLACE – The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Fireplace is turned off from April 15-September 15; it is not operational during this time of the year.
FRONT YARD FIREPIT- Firewood has been provided for your use. Please be conservative and respectful with use. Use caution and do not leave untended at any time! For safety precautions please use fire screen over it to prevent flying sparks. Before leaving fireside, please put out fire with water and cover pit with screen. Wool blankets are provided in the closet by the front door and folding chairs are in the garage or back deck. NO FIREWORKS ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
WATER AND SEPTIC – Mystic Mountain is on wells and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
LAKE, DOCK & CANOE USAGE- The Boat/canoe (3 person) (see exterior property map for location) provided for your enjoyment but under the following understanding:
- 2-Paddles and 2 child size life vests are provided for your safety
- Please return canoe to an upside down position on the dock with paddles secure under it. Tie rope to dock to secure from sudden wind.
- Maximum use or 2 adults and one child in canoe at a time
- Guests use dock and canoe at their own risk and owner accepts no responsibility for personal risk or injury while quests are staying at Mystic Mountain Retreat.
- All homes and property in the area are private property. Observance for property boundaries within the Mystic Mountain 15 acres (see map in our guest book on desk ).
AMENITIES: Folding chairs, day cooler and other floatation toys are provided and can be found in the garage or barn down the front drive or in the dock box. A horseshoe set is available along the gravel drive. Please return horseshoes to main garage. The ping pong table is in the main oversized garage. The pool table has been professionally set up and leveled. DO NOT SIT OR LEAN ON TABLE or place any food, cups or beverages on table at any time. Keep pool balls on table and be respectful of cues.
STORM/SNOW POLICY-STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recom-mend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
WEATHER CONDITIONS and Lake Levels- Although we do our best to think of everything to make a your stay a pleasant one, we have no control over the weather and as a result the local lake levels on our property. There are 3 small lakes on our property which levels and temperature vary through out the year and from year to year. I trust you will make the most of the beauty regardless of optimum water levels or temperatures during your outdoor enjoyment.
LIABILITY: The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
SPECIAL EVENTS: We understand there is a lot involved in planning a special event, celebration, family reunion or wedding. We also appreciate that these occasions held at Mystic Mountain Retreat often involve more time and extra attention of us as owners as well as our staff in Bigfork. So in an effort to fully disclose policies and restrictions, please review outlined:
- Guests are not allowed to organize large house parties such as weddings, reunions, receptions or any other function similar in nature unless approved by management in writing in advance of arrival. This includes day use or over night through out the 15 acre property.
- To this end guests and owner agree to a limited # of 12-16 guests on site at any given time including the 12 occupants disclosed in this rental agreement.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
PRIMARY RENTER: named on contract assumes responsibility and liability for all guests/ tenants and property informing them of all agreements and restrictions.
VIOLATING THESE STIPULATIONS COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF SECURITY DEPOSIT. WE APPRECIATE YOUR RESPECTFUL COMPLIANCE.